Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ambrosyne's Adventures With the Horsemen

You know what I learned during my adventures in the back half of the Four Horsemen?

...I suck!

And you know what else? The moment I get thrust into an unfamiliar role in a raid and am already flailing about in uncertaintly, every single recruit we have will whisper me.

I'm not kidding. First, a resto druid pokes me. Great! She says 'I see that you're busy, so I'll wait." Not a problem. She's in Naxx too, anyway.

I fail and talk with her a bit while we're getting our act back together.

Second pull. I holy shock Mr. Fallen Paladin, cast a heal on myself because I'm already low (wtf?) and then...

...the other resto druid recruit pokes me. I look at his whisper real quick. This means that I'm not staring at my feet. And even though I'm not on the boss that summons void zones, I get one anyway because their range is stupid, right under my feet.

When I'm not looking.

And I die 45 seconds into the fight.

/facepalm

At some point after this the disc priest whispers me (...) for a /ginvite. Sweet!

But OMG guys, all at once? During THAT fight? Srsly?

/flail

We downed them...after we threw my nub ass back up front where it belonged.

Also: if there's a healer shortage, why are most of my apps healers? Holy shit! I mean it's fanatastic, it's great, we need them! But...! OMG!

We definitely need people not priest flavored though. I mean priests are great! But we now have...four? Compared to one resto shaman, two holy pallys, and one resto druid.

But you know what that is? That's a 25 man healing team baby! ....assuming we can make it all on the same night, which I don't know if we can. But! We're close!

"Amber, aren't you going to phase out your paladin for your priest?"

Ssssh! And, not for awhile. Teh boy is feeling a bit of WoW burnout, and he's Lyr's pet tank. So expect me to stop my bitching about my paladin...

...several months from now. But if we need the buffbitch she'll be on duty, no worries. I'm not going to shoehorn a billionth priest into the raid if we need my paladin, especially not if our spanking new disc priest is along. YAY LASER PEW PEW HEALS.

Ahem.

We also tried two things last night: healing assignments (sort of), and my being a "more aggressive" healer. Now I'd half gotten used to That Priest putting a decent amount of healing on the MT, so during one fight I took my heals off Macharious for a second...and he died.

/facepalm

After going "SEE that is why I heal the tank and only the tank omg!" I simply noted Anub as A Fight To Not Do That On. On trash pulls and the less hard hitting bosses, I FoL'd every damn bar that wasn't full.

And ended up on the top of the healing meters.

Wut?

Now healing meters don't really mean a damned thing, but it was interesting to observe a change. I still spun in circles boredly on Gothik, though.

"Are you going to have actual content today, Amber?"

Yes. Later. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DOUBLE POST IF I WANT TO!

No comments:

Post a Comment