Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Brief Patch Day Thoughts

Paladin
-Judgements of the Pure: This Holy talent now increases the damage done by Seals and Judgements.

Sweet. I can now...er...solo more effectively? Wut? Yeah. I'm on a PvP server. I try not to solo if I can help it (lolololDKfodder).

-Judgement of Wisdom: Now returns a percentage of base mana instead of a percentage of max mana.

This is...uh...hm. You know, honestly, I don't know wtf that means. I mean I understand base mana and max mana. But IS a percentage of base better than max? Or worse? /headtilt A percentage of a smaller number sounds worse than a percentage of a bigger number, but...I...er. Mind. Meeeelting!

-Avenging Wrath: Divine Shield, Divine Protection, and Avenging Wrath cannot be used within 30 seconds of each other anymore. Forbearance removed from Avenging Wrath.

This is good, because I go D: when needing to bubble...and not being able to because wings triggered Forbearance.

Priest
-Holy: Circle of Healing now has a 6 second cooldown.

YAY. Now nerf AoE damage plox.

-Levitate is now castable on others.

I will find a way to use this to annoy people.

-Rapture: This talent will now correctly return mana for Power Word: Shield based on the caster’s mana poll instead of the target’s mana pool.

Score! More mana!

Glyph
-Glyph of Holy Light now affects friendly targets in a larger radius.

Yay, more overhealing! It might even be slightly more useful.

...no change to Glyph of FoL? D:

2 comments:

  1. The Judgement of Wisdom thing is about as nerfy as you can get; especially for healing pallies because you'll probably have higher max mana (because of Int stacking) than the other two specs. =X Plus, base mana will not scale at all. I think I remember hearing that they were doing it to make Ret pallies actually lose mana every now and then. But it's definitely a nerf, and I'm sad face for my single-target healing bretheren (and... sisteren?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah when soloing as Holy, Judgements of the Pure is kinda nice, but raiding it's just keeping me that much higher than the other healers in dps and damage...woohoo!

    Judgement of Wisdom sucks, unless that % is higher than it was so it's still equal? Yeah, right! Again more for soloing and sucks now. Raiding I use JoL anyway.

    We Levitate our gnome tank so we can see him up front! :) Works well going over slime river in Construct Quarter too!

    ReplyDelete